- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Snowboard Porn Smackdown - Neverland vs Black Winter
- Good Day Gone Bad: Fred Syverson Crash in Tamok
- The long and winding road to K2 base camp
- Despite Heroic Rescue Attempts, Olivier Sourzac & Charlotte Demetz Perish on South Face of Grandes Jorasses
- Back. In Black. Crows. Revolv.er
- Seb Montaz's Courmayeur Snow Report and a Cute Girl in a Bikini
- February 2017 (1)
- March 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (3)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (6)
- December 2011 (10)
- November 2011 (11)
- October 2011 (6)
- September 2011 (9)
- August 2011 (9)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (3)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (7)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (6)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (2)
- July 2010 (8)
- June 2010 (10)
- May 2010 (10)
- April 2010 (12)
- March 2010 (15)
- February 2010 (14)
- January 2010 (11)
- December 2009 (2)
- November 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (7)
- September 2009 (10)
- August 2009 (9)
- July 2009 (8)
- June 2009 (2)
- RT @digitalsteak: A few training tips for trail running on the awesome @AdventureRunn website! twitter.com/adventurerunn/… 8 months ago
- RT @alexbuisse: Vallée Blanche like you probably haven't seen it before! Shot from a paraglider last week. How… instagram.com/p/BSvY-4ujcCG/ 9 months ago
- Wild #groundfall video by #MicheleCaminati bit.ly/2og0sy1 #climbing #ropebroke 9 months ago
- F*** Yeah @leoslemett!!!!! twitter.com/Chamonix_Franc… 9 months ago
- RT @HumansOfChx: Cœurs légers et pentes raides #ski #extreme #freeride #printemps #spring #neige #snow humansofchamonix.com/2017/03/22/coe… via @HumansO… 10 months ago
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Meanwhile over on the sunny side, Davide Capozzi and Stefano Bigio stuck a first descent down the SW face of Mont Rochefort – a route they’ve been eyeing for years.
In a post on PlanetMountain.com, Capozzi reports, “The descent is continuously exposed, down 45° – 50° slopes. The snow varied considerably since it hadn’t settled completely. We made [two] abseils [down] the final section, one 50m abseil followed by a second, shorter one.”
Capozzi and Bigio rate the route 5.2 E3 and called it Pente a Rémy in honor of Rémy Lecluse who originally suggested skiing the line together.
Check out the full story on PlanetMountain.com.
It may be getting harder to find freshies but the first warm, sunny days in weeks means only the most hardcore whingers are complaining.
Chamonix-meteo calling 5-20cm at 1000m with the disclaimer, “Snow amount depending partly on the barrier effect against the northern slopes of the massifs is difficult to evaluate.” Everyone else guessing between 3-7cm at 2000m with nothing else forecast for the next few days.
Did I mention the sun’s out?
Just another day out with Nate, Yo, Bullitt, Thor, Seth, Maria, Oli, Plake and American Dave.
Shout out to Nate for the footy. Keep your eyes on the fall line, amigo.
“In life, it’s our choice whether we laugh or cry.”
If there’s anyone who’s had reason to cry it’s snowboarder, BASE jumper and wingsuit flyer Géraldine Fasnacht. To understand what this young woman has been through and how she’s found the inner strength to bounce back is a testament to her extraordinary character.